Tuesday 3 May 2022

Greetings to ICAP and World Peace Council on 2022 International Seminar for Peace

Greetings to ICAP and World Peace Council on 2022 International Seminar for Peace

 Installation of Bhagat Singh's statue in Havana honour for us: Left parties | India News - Times of India (indiatimes.com)

Campaign for Bhagat Singh bust in Cuba | India News - Times of India (indiatimes.com)

Desde India saludan encuentro pacifista en Guantánamo - Siempre con Cuba


        I extend my warmest greetings to The Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP) and World Peace Council (CMP) on holding VII International seminar for Peace and the abolition of foreign Military bases of USA and NATO being held from 4th to 6th May at Santa Clara-the city liberated by great revolutionary Che Guevara from criminal Batista in a glorious victory in 1959. I express my solidarity with Cuban people in their most just demand!

     At this moment I fondly remember my visit to Santa Clara on 16th December 2011, when I paid my tributes to the memory of great revolutionary Che Guevara by visiting his grand memorial and also visiting other places in the city relating to liberation. Prior to that I had also visited Habana and Santiago de Cuba and paid my tributes to great Cuban liberation at Moncada site and other sites of iconic revolution such as visiting Revolutionary Museum, Granma ship etc. in Habana. Though I missed Centre de Che Guevara in Habana, which was under renovation at that time! I still wish to spend few months at Centre de Che in Habana to do research on Che Guevara! I also participated in a meeting organized by ICAP in Santiago de Cuba seeking the release of Cuban Five, one of whom is present President of ICAP-Fernando Gonzales Llort! (I had the pleasure of meeting him Kathmandu during an international seminar in 2018) That meeting presented Bolivian music group and I was also invited to speak, and I expressed my solidarity with The Cuban-5.

In fact, I had been regularly visiting and having friendly relations with  Cuban and Venezuelan embasies in Port of Spain in Trinidad &Tobago, where I was serving as Visiting Professor in Hindi during year 2011 at The University of the West Indies-St. Augustine campus! I had earlier good friendly relations with Cuban ambassador to India Miguel Ramirez, whom I met again in Habana in a party by then Indian ambassador to Cuba! I continue my friendship with Cuban embassy in India at Delhi.

         Our South Asian revolutionary hero Bhagat Singh and South American revolutionary hero Che Guevara are the inspiration for the youth of the whole world. I run a page on Facebook-Che Guevara and Bhagat Singh with few thousand members and also a group-Admirers of Bhagat Singh and Che Guevara with few more thousand members. I had proposed to ICAP for putting up a statue or Bust of Bhagat Singh on the road, where statues of revolutionaries from all over the world are put up. It was positively responded; Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia had also met Cuban ambassador in India to offer a bust of Bhagat Singh. There was lot of media coverage about it at that time. I wish and hope that in coming years, a bust or statue of South Asia’s most popular iconic revolutionary Bhagat Singh’s Bust will be placed on Habana Road as symbol of unity of South Asian and South American revolutionary tradition!

       Once again with warmest greetings and solidarity with Cuban people!



No comments: